
This here is Whiteley Gym, where I have spent the last week selling, sorting, pricing, cleaning and acquiring books. I have skipped about 1/2 of my classes, and done VERY little homework because of the annual book sale, but it's been a blast. An exhausting, dirty blast. We raised over $26,000 for seminaries in Kenya, Ghana, and Ecuador, so it's worth all the hard work. In all fairness, I didn't do that much work compared to the three people who were really in charge. A group of us is going to get hour-long massages to recover from hauling all of these books around, and it's been a lot of fun hanging out with and getting to know the other people who were working on this project. Next year my friend Rachel and I are going to have Special Collections (sets, rare books, etc) as our pet project. We are planning to meet the with special collections guy for the seminary and learn about how to price rare books and stuff like that. It'll be a fun hobby. I also came out of the sale with some pretty cool stuff, other than what I listed in the previous post. And not all of it is as dorky as those ones are. I do need to get another bookshelf for next year though.
In other news, I got hired for the summer at the Bonner Foundation so I'll be in Princeton when I'm not at weddings. More to come on that later.

5 comments:
Hey, do you know where you're doing your field ed yet?
for next year it's in princeton. I won't apply for international until fall.
BOOK PARADISE!
Let's try this again....
I don't know how long I've been introduced as "We want Tex-Mex" but I like it! :)
Post a Comment