Friday, March 24, 2006

Ode to Chick-fil-a (in prose)

I have eaten at Chick-fil-a in 4 states. Colorado, Georgia, Tennessee, and New Jersey. It is approximately the best food in the world. Claire and I ate there when we were stuck in the Atlanta airport for 24 hours (concourse A, in case you're ever in a similar predicament), and it was the first place we went to eat during Christmas break this past December, and where we had lunch in Oak Ridge the day before we left for Germany last year. Now I eat it in Princeton with different friends, but the same great chicken. Adam Neder, famed theology professor at Whitworth College, was the first customer at one of the Chick-fil-a's out here, and he may rival me and Claire in our devotion to the wonder that is the 8-pack chicken strip meal. Sadly, many of you are not in places where you can experience this great joy of life, but my hope is that one day you two may discover your new favorite restaurant. I think the closest one to Spokane is in Grand Junction, CO (about a 14 hour drive).
So here's one for the chicken, and the great people with whom I've eaten it.

1 comment:

Jenevieve said...

Hey, Atlanta concourse A is where I ate it first, too!

Oh holy crap, that sounds SO GOOD right now.

That's it. I'm coming over.