Sunday, April 06, 2008

the plan

To all of you who were freaking out about what to do after college graduation and I was unable to empathize because I knew I was going to PTS, well now I understand where you were coming from. About half of my friends have real jobs lined up, most of them even in the fields they intend to stay in for a long time. I decided last semester to take a year off while I apply to PhD programs, which means I need a plan for next year. I applied for an internship in Harlem, but they don't make their decision for another few weeks (i.e. painfully close to graduation), and my plan to stay on at the Foundation where I work now is probably not going to pan out for them financially. So the new plan? Nannying. That's right, I'm probably going to be a live-in nanny for the year. The pay is good, the beach houses are beautiful, the kids are cute. Hey, why the heck not. I've already had three interviews and I'll probably know in the next week or so whether my first choice of those three is going to work out. So there's the temporary plan, during which I'll take the GRE's, apply to PhD programs, and reading stuff. Sounds delightful.

2 comments:

Jenevieve said...

Hey, you could be our live in nanny! Sweet! Um, we can't pay you though, but I'm sure that won't be a problem. Right?

Anonymous said...

a plan! good job!

let us know how it turns out...