Thursday, April 17, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

On Sunday I took the train up to Stamford, Connecticut to meet with a family about a nanny position. They have a 7 year old boy and a 5 year old girl, a beautiful home on a peninsula surrounded by public beaches and parks, and are a really nice family. Then on Tuesday I drove up to Kinnelon, New Jersey to meet a family with a 3 year old boy and a 6 month old girl. They were also really nice, and live out in a wooded mountainy area with deer and hiking trails and stuff. The good news is, I should know by this weekend where I'm living and working after graduation (which is 1 month from today). The bad news is, I have to say no to one of these great families. I have my first choice picked out, but I'm going to wait until everything is final to post about it.

On a different note, yesterday was a bunch of senior class hullaballoo. We had a class photo, which Rachel and I barely made it back from tutoring in Trenton in time to be in, a nice dinner, and a worship service. I think this is the point where we're all supposed to start feeling nostalgic and taking tons of photos and savoring every moment. I'm just not there yet mentally. I still have seven papers to write (well, it's six now) before I get there. So while others went out for drinks and savoring of precious moments last night, I came back to the dorm and watched 3 episodes of Bones with Rachel and Rebecca then went to bed. In all honesty though, wasted evenings watching TV on DVD are probably some of the times I'll miss.

No comments: