I made my reservation to go to Spokane using a free flight voucher that I earned by giving up my seat on a flight in December. Very exciting, saved like $400. But I never received a confirmation e-mail.
So this morning I call United, assuming they got the e-mail address wrong. It turns out my reservation has been CANCELLED because I was supposed to go to Newark and pick up my ticket within 24 hours of making the reservation, not within 24 hours of my flight like I thought. The service rep says there's nothing she can do. There's 14 day pre-flight purchase requirement on the voucher, and I'm basically screwed unless I want to schedule for the weekend of the 14th or purchase the ticket. Obviously I'm started to cry at this point, push the agent a little bit and finally give up and hang up and cry. Bad. Very Stressful.
I pull myself together, get my game face on, and call back to talk to a higher up who can override the 14 day thing and make all my dreams come true. The next agent I talk to, who I assume can do nothing, as able to rebook me on my original flights, clarifies that I need to go to Newark tomorrow to pick up my ticket, and asks for the name of the person who said there was nothing she could do. Of course I don't remember her name, and she was probably new or something and didn't know what to do. So after a small breakdown and a very stressful start, I am still going to Spokane next Friday to frolick and chat with Anna and Jaime and Caitlin and Heather and the fabulous Whitworth TH/PH department.
The End.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
oh man, I'm so paranoid about missing/screwing up flights. Once I showed up at LAX the day after I was supposed to to fly back to Spokane. That didn't help my airline paranoia at all.
I'm the same way. Everytime I'm approaching the ticket counter I have a moment where I think I've got the day wrong.
Welcome to my world! (I book travel all day long every day wee!) The rule with United is, if the first person you talk to is stupid, call back. (And if that person is stupid, call back again! My life is exciting, really.)
Glad you get to go!!
p.s. I once showed up one day late for my flight to SOUTH AFRICA (you know, a $2000 flight). Yeah...
Post a Comment