The last time I updated was during Reading Week I believe. That seems so long ago, those days of forced relaxation. For the past two weeks I have pretty much lived in the gym working on the Book Sale, which is a huge event that raises money for seminaries in developing countries. After using ever free minute for almost two weeks sorting books and cataloguing the rare stuff so we could get more money for it, the sale completely overtook my life since Friday.
Friday: 12pm-10pm - Haul books upstairs and start setting up.
Saturday: 10:30am-10pm(ish) - Set-up
Sunday: 11am-7pm -Set-up, 7-9 Preveiw Sale, 9-10:30 clean-up
Monday: in the gym 8am-10pm, except for coming back to campus to deposit money, and getting my stitches out in the afternoon (yay!)
Tuesday: in the gym 8am-11pm
Wednesday: in the gym 8am-2am for the last day of the sale then clean-up.
It's a good cause and I enjoy a lot of it, but I haven't gone to classes this week, my feet hurt, and I'm exhausted. I've also eaten a lot of junk because of missing meals in the cafeteria.
But we did find two books from the 1600's worth several thousand dollars, and a Journal of John Wesley from 1800s that the United Methodist archives is buying from us.
And apparently it's been beautiful outside, so I hope to see that today. I'm babysitting all afternoon, so maybe I'll take the kids to a park.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Um, I'm tired from just READING that.
How'd it go?
Me too, B. I'm glad you're still alive, though!
So the Presbyterians have been hoarding valuable Methodist artifacts, huh? Scandalous!
Okay every time I see this post, my mind sings, "I'm mostly alive with you..." Not nice.
Post a Comment