We went to see the band Velella Velella at a bar in St. Paul. The lead singer is a Whitworth guy. It was fun and loud and smoky and the band wore kids' Halloween costume.
We helped her new teammate, who coincidentally knows some seminary folk, move into his new apartment and watched her team leaders' kids for a few hours. They were having laugh attacks, and we ate pizza.
We went to the Minneapolis public library, which is huge and beautiful. It was a cold day for riding the light rail.
We ate Somali food for lunch (basmati rice and goat meat). I got my hair cut and we got manicures at the Aveda Institute. They have amazing tea there, and I like my hair cut (and so does Frankfurter Schwenkfeld). We had dinner with her roomie and another teammate (tomato basil soup from scratch) and watched Keeping the Faith, a movie I enjoy a whole lot.
We went to the global market and ate mexican sandwiches and pumpkin ice cream and enjoyed all the handicrafts made or imported by the international populations of the Cities
I got on a plane, got off a plane in Chicago, ate Chipotle with Fishy (took an awkward in the car at the passenger drop-off picture), then returned to here.

Apparently eating was a highlight. Of course I did some reading/writing while Shelly was at work, so Reading Week did live up to its name a little bit. I even translated some Greek, which I haven't done in ages. I love having friends to visit in cool places :) And I love Shelly and Fishy.



3 comments:
Oh, that sounds like a LOT of fun. And deliciousness.
And, 2 out of 2 Prices agree: Haircut is HOTT. With at least 2 Ts.
I love you too! And Frankfurter misses you :)
Post a Comment