Monday, November 20, 2006

Ah, the Giving of the Thanks

It's almost the big day. The day of eating and rest and not doing homework and being with great people. Over the last 5 years since I've been away for Thanksgiving I've enjoyed getting to join other families and friends. This year I'll join 2! At 2pm I'll go to Corrie and Shane's place for round one, the highlight of which will be seeing Jim and Janie (that right, Edwards! Eat your heart out Whitworthians) and playing with small children. Then at 5pm I'll go to my field ed supervisor's home to join her family and some others from the church for round two. I also get to housesit and borrow a car this week, which affords me a rare level of freedom and independence. I plan to make the most of it.
This afternoon I preached for my preaching class. It went well, especially considering I haven't delivered a sermon in about 4 years, and am not used to speaking from a manuscript. I enjoyed the process of exegesis and writing, and I'm glad to have the first one done so I can prepare for the next three.
On Wednesday Sarah and I are taking the o'dark am train to the City to hear Rachel preach at the 7:30am chapel service of Brick Presbyterian Church, then we may putz around the city for a bit. I love Manhattan, so I might as well stay a few hours once I'm up there.
This week's joy has been discovering that I can watch Brian Regan on YouTube. No I'm not a creepy stalker. He's my favorite comedian, and you should all check him out.

1 comment:

Jenevieve said...

Your life sounds fun and like it's about to get funner. Wanna trade for a little while?

I miss you! Have a good Dia Turquía!