Friday, October 27, 2006

Yesterday

Likes:
Wearing my new green argyle cardigan.
My new galoshes that I ordered on e-bay arrived. They are black with big white flowers.
Skimming "A Plain Account of Christian Perfection" in preparation for leading my Theology precept. I am SO Methodist.
Singing "Pass it On" in the cafeteria at lunch (with friends quietly at our table, not in front of people).
Teaching all the Presbyterians in my Theology precept about Wesley's doctrine of sanctification. Again, SO Methodist.
Helping my girls hang spider web stuff in the hall. Jeana was on Laura's shoulders with Laura standing on a chair so they could attach it to the ceiling.
Treating myself to Panera for dinner.
Putting together bags of goodies and little notes with Rachel for the girls on our floor.
Watching "A Secret Garden" (the 1993 version).

Dislikes:
Starting the day by moderating a 7am Missions and Stewardship Committee meeting. That's right, 7AM.
Not enough honey for my biscuit at breakfast.
One of the Theology professors sitting in on the precept I was leading. It went fine, but it does add a certain degree of pressure, especially since I was throwing in all the Wesley stuff at this lovely Reformed institution in which Wesley barely gets a nod in anything, especially theology.
Not having done any of the reading for the class I teach at church.
Generally being in a hurry and behind on things.
My room, the den of filth.

Today is Friday, glorious Friday. I only have 2 classes, then it's officially Reading Week. I have lofty goals for getting things done, and I'll be spending Tuesday - Saturday with the fabulous Shelly in Minneapolis. We'll drink tea and galavant and such and it will be lovely.

1 comment:

Bianca said...

Yes. Yay Friday. Um, I want to go to Minneapolis...

Sometimes I think how Shelly needs a blog.