The Firestone Library is an intense place. You can only check out books if you are a student at Princeton University or the Seminary or the Institute for Advanced Study (where Eistein did his research). Otherwise you have to pay for limited access. They check IDs when you enter and search your bags before you can leave. It's also one of the best research libraries in the world, so you can't fault them for being protective. I trekked over there this afternoon to do some research for a group presentation on Job in Medieval art, only to find that I needed to go to the art library. Yes, there's a whole other building of non-circulating art and archaeology books: 2 stories of books on rolling cases. The University is also home to the Index of Christian Art, which is the largest database of Christian art in the world. My group will be visiting that first thing Monday morning in preparation for our presentation on Friday.
Completely unrelated, Fall has come to Princeton. The leaves are falling, apples are in season, and I can't go outside without a sweatshirt anymore. It officially felt like fall this evening as I sat in front of the fireplace, ate soup and baked apples, and drank hot cider at the Berg's. They are a wonderful couple who also happen to be the daughter and son-in-law of one of my favorite Whitworth professors. It was quite the ensemble, with them and their 3 little boys, Mrs. Berg's brother and his wife and one month old daughter, and 3 other couples with Whitworth affiliations. It was a lovely evening hanging out and chatting and looking at cute children. But now I must redirect my attention to homework. I'm reading The Book of Lamentations by Rosario Castellanos for World Christianity through World Literature, and it is very beautiful so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yay, a post!
It sounds like you are having a good time of it. I love you!
Mmmm libraries...and fall...and small things...
Post a Comment