Thursday, March 05, 2009

The BIG One!

Nothing is in writing yet, but the director of the Institute said "Congratulations! You are our first choice." [Actually, as of a few minutes ago it is in writing!]
I don't think it ever fully sunk in how important my application and visit to Baylor were, like course-of-life-determining important. Neither has the fantasticness of my admission, but I did celebrate by eating three Kolaches on the way to the airport and getting myself a "Don't Mess With Texas" t-shirt.

All the clothing issues worked out fine, of course. I took pictures of myself in bathroom mirrors.

4 comments:

Matt said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

wahoooooooo! :D

Virgie said...

Congratulations! Doing Ph.D. work at Baylor is not something I think I could ever get excited about for myself, but I'm sure you have good reasons for going there (just can't imagine what those might be ...). I hope they'll properly appreciate you!

Kayla said...

Woot! Also, outfit #2 is ultra hot...possibly could be made "hott" by the addition of a firearm.

Congrats!!!