Thursday, March 26, 2009

Beef!

Claire and Dave have been here visiting me this week. They have now experienced first-hand the joys and tribulations of nannydom. I talked about them to N a lot, so he was way excited, especially about Dave the "real live artist". When I came up to start work on Monday morning N's first word to me was "DAVE!" and he repeated the refrain when I went to pick him up at school, but Dave was in Philly for the day so he had to wait until Tuesday to meet him. He pretty much flipped out when he finally did. So they painted together, and he was basically kept delightfully occupied. B also fell in love with Dave. I think it might be partly because he bears a slight resemblance to her pop-pop. She wanted to give him all her toys and food and said hi to him over and over and over at the table. What a flirt! She also couldn't say "Dave" so his new name is "Beef." Haha.
Today we are driving to Manhattan to spend the next few days hanging out with Bianca and Andrew. Yes, it's a rough life we live. The only thing missing is Shelly, our fourth Cloister sister. It won't be quite right going to The Cloisters without her.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Mary already is called "Gravy," so it's only a matter of time before everyone I know from Whitworth has a food-based nickname. At least, that's the only possible outcome I can see from here.

Caroline East Berardi said...

It was great to see you at the sale!!!!!!!