At 7:30 this evening I officially became an applicant to the JM Dawson Institute of Church-State at Baylor University in (gulp) Waco, Texas. I've had the application done except for my personal statement since, oh, September. The deadline is February 15th, so I didn't cut it nearly as close as I could have. Now all that's left is emailing my writing sample to admissions lady, which I might do this evening. I have to decide whether to proofread my paper yet again. It's one of the 7 papers I wrote in two weeks last Spring, and considering that it took maybe 72 hours to produce from research to submission I think it's pretty darn good.
I think they should admit based solely on my wide-eyed excitement over the two books I purchased from Labyrinth, the only bookstore I have found with Eastern Europe Studies and Historiography sections, while I was in Princeton on Saturday: "A Carnival of Revolution: Central Europe 1989" and "Religion, Morality, and Community in Post-Soviet Societies." As soon as I finish the chapter on Bulgaria I get to take a break from "The Columbia History of Eastern Europe in the 20th Century" to read the latter of the two. What can I say? It's good to have a niche.
No comments:
Post a Comment