Sunday, November 18, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Finals

. . . and yet it's not even Thanksgiving yet.
Thanks to AAR* and SBL** annual meeting, most of my professors are gone, so I only have one class this week. Which means 5ish days of (almost) uninterrupted study time. Starting next week I have one or more big papers/projects due every week until break, and then 3 major papers to write while I'm home "relaxing." So yesterday I spent about an hour planning the about-to-ensue hibernation period. I have my books and articles stacked on my floor according to which paper they go with, a new set of highlighters and page tab thingies, a tub of hot chocolate and a pound of coffee, and I'm ready to hole up in the Oratory to write and research my little heart out. First stop: The role of the church in the 1848 revolution in Hungary, immediately followed by another paper on the church in the 1989 revolution. Send me academic vibes. And peace out yo.

*American Academy of Religion
**Society of Biblical Literature

2 comments:

Matt said...

Ok, I'm sure it's some sort of diagnosable illness that reading about prepping for finals makes me want even more to be back in school. Good luck with everything!

Jenevieve said...

Yeah, we call it "nerdiness".