Sunday, November 11, 2007

Hey there, stranger!

So apparently I can't handle 16 hours of class, 20+ hours of work, the impending doom of finals and group projects AND blogging regularly.
I've started (okay, I started 3 weeks ago) mapping out the craziness that will be finals. I don't have any exams, but I have 6 large papers and 2 group project/presentations. The good news is, I'm relatively interested in all of my topics. My two papers for Church and State in Modern Europe are on the role of the Church in the revolution of 1848 (overthrowing the Habsburgs) and 1989 (end of Soviet power). Those will be fun to research, and my Hungarian friends Emoeke and Gabor can tell me how to pronounce the names. Things will start being due in two weeks and continue until Jan 16, when I leave for Edinburgh.
I'm also gearing up to start writing my application to CEU, which I can do online, and my application to the PhD program here. The latter is really just practice, since there's noone here for me to study under. I'll learn the application process and how to handle rejection, and that's not pessimism or despair, it's just the statistical reality of applying to PhD programs.
All this means I'm a senior. Have been for a few months, but it hits me. I have to buy a preaching/graduation robe. What?! I do things like look at catalogs for cassocks and collars. Wierd.
This afternoon I'm driving about 1 hour to Red Bank, NJ to visit a church that one of my group projects is about. It should be a nice change of pace, since it sounds like a vibrant and young congregation. Pray I don't get lost in Jersey. No, seriously, pray! This state is ridiculous and I don't have a map of it.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Maps are a good thing to have. And who'd have thought that buying a preaching/graduation robe would be so alliterative?

Jenevieve said...

yay! you're leaving for Edinburgh!