Friday, September 14, 2007
Unleashing my Inner Extravert
It's difficult, when I really don't think I have an inner extravert. So new student move-in day is an awkward combination of excitement about meeting new people and finding out who from Whitworth shows up at Princeton, and anxiety over constantly trying to be friendly and outgoing and helpful. I'm a Deacon, which is like MCs were at Whitworth but with even less of a clear job description. So yesterday and Wednesday our job was to run up to people's cars as they arrived to move in and help them unload. It's a little crazy. I think we scared a few people, a see of people in maroon shirts hauling stuff out of cars and vans and u-hauls. It'll be good to get settled into a routine and have pictures on my walls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I have three words for you:
Old School Madonna. Makes moving in way better (except for the parents who think you're crazy, but we both know that's necessary, too).
Oh yeah, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY (tomorrow)!!!!
Post a Comment