Today has been my third Senior Year. Most of the world doesn't get even one Senior Year, and here I am wondering what to do with this, my third. I have not grown so attached to this place that I start the semester with a dull melancholy of the sort that settle upon me as Bianca and I rolled into Spokane in Fall 2004. My reaction is more like "What!?" I just had Senior Year two years ago, and now I have to do it all over again. The desperate meeting of course requirements, the savoring special everyday moments, and the ever present question of what I am going to do next year. The last is the main difference between this Senior Year and all the others. I knew I would go to college, I knew I would go to seminary, but now I'm more or less clueless. Options abound, limited mostly by my debt load, my determination to no longer live in a dorm, and the conviction that whatever I do next needs to be directly related to some aspect of the larger calling toward which I sense my life is headed. At this point all I can do is research, pray, and take the GREs.
I wish I could say I'm taking it easy this year, but alas there are requirements to fill and money to earn. I'm taking 16 credits and working 15-20 hours/week. My classes look good so far though, and if they live up to my expectations the year will be fruitful and not too overwhelming.
I'm taking:
Church and State in Modern Europe
Gospel and Culture: The African Experience
Old Testament Readings in Greek and Hebrew
Educating Congregations for Mission
Friendship, Love, and Justice
American Religion and American Literature
With the help of my new coffee press and variety of delightful coffees, I just might even stay awake for all those classes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment