Sunday, February 25, 2007

Oh, now that's just gross!

Remember that time freshman year when I fell on my tail bone and thought I broke it and it's been hurting sporadically ever since? Five years after the fact I go to the doctor and learn the really disgusting truth:
I have a pilonidal cyst. I won't go into details, but prepare to be grossed out if you choose to research it for yourself. It's not dangerous, but I will be having it surgically removed either next month or after I get back from Africa, depending on the surgeon's recommendation.
If you've heard Dave's stories of cyst nastiness from college, this is the same thing he had.
Ew. That's about all I have to say about that.

3 comments:

Mariquita said...

ick. I'm sorry. Think about the awesome gross-out story you'll have to use as a potential ice-breaker for junior high boys. In case, you know, you are ever in a situation requiring one.

Jenevieve said...

Cool! Want me to come fix it? I'm good with abscesses. I'll bring my dissection kit and some tequila.

Bianca said...

Hello?!?! Who told you to go to the doctor like 5 years ago?!?! (And 85 million times since then!?!?) Sigh.

Sorry you have to deal with yuckiness though. That is so not a fun place for surgical removal of anything. :(

On a seperate note, my security word is 'shjzl'.