Today is the birthday of Kyna-kyna-bo-beena, my lovely friend who says things like "honey, I'm home!" and "Get a grip."
Kyna and I lived around the hall (yes, it is possible to live around a hall) from each other in Tiki our freshman year at Whitworth. We were 2 of the 5 people who faithfully attended hall dinner and hall activities and took over the RA apartment on Thursday nights. We bonded over a crazy semester with LDS missionaries (more about that is available on the not internet), and were birthday buddies that year. She threw me a little fiesta, and I don't rememer what I did for her, but there was probably chocolate involved. Other fun memories of Kyna: stealing (er, borrowing) SAGA trays and going sledding on them in the Back 40; making fun of the first Harry Potter movie in the theater, though I have since been converted to a lover of the Potter; going to Didier's with Lactaid on Tuesdays; Urbana; walking from the Chicago Art Institute to Navy Pier in the frigid cold with our Urbana luggage because they wouldn't let us take it in the Art Institute (okay, so we're both still a little bitter about that, but warm drink at Navy Pier were very welcome); family dinner; venting; food and coffee when I visited last April; more food and coffee before Claire's wedding; and most recently talking late into the night at Mary's mom's house after Fishy's wedding then spending the next morning at the beach in Edmonds (see pictures a few posts ago).
Kyna is pretty much just awesome. She is encouraging and loving and real and an all around great friend and I miss her a lot. I feel at home with her, and I hope she come to see me very soon. I also hope she returns my calls and emails me her mailing address so I can send her card, which will now be late ;)
In other news, Jeni has the internet now! Which means she can call the US super cheap so we got to talk this morning!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yay, Kyna! Happy birthday!
I loved talking with you this mornin; I think it made my whole life. :)
No question about it: Parables with Black. You will thank me later. :)
Post a Comment