Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Playing House

After spending the last month in my parents' two bedroom apartment, on the floor in Claire's apartment, in Andi's basement, and in the Quality Inn Oakwood, then two nights on a friend's love seat in Hodge Hall, I'm finally living it up in a real house. My friend Bill and I are housesitting, and taking full advantage of the kitchen, plasma tv, and pets. He's been cooking up a storm (we've had enchiladas, burgers and steak fries, spaghetti, Thai curry, and have even sat down to breakfast each morning). The animals include the most chill, friendly dog ever, who I can't resist petting despite the allergies, and a very cute cat, who I do resist petting because of the allergies. There were two fish, but now there's only one (oops) and the guinea pig is still alive and squeaking. It's so nice to have a routine, a comfortable place to stay, a friend to hang out with, and the same bed for 2 full weeks.
We went to the shore on Sunday afternoon and it was beautiful. Ocean Grove is a town that started as a location for revivals and camp meetings during the Great Awakening. I actually wrote a paper about it for Religion in America. The town is super cute and the beach was warm and clean and relaxing. I burried my feet in the sand and wrote and just sat in beachy bliss for several hours. We also got yummy ice cream. All in all, a great way to spend Sunday afternoon. "Something about the ocean makes me rise up in praise . . ."

2 comments:

Jenevieve said...

I love you! I miss you!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmwwwaaahhh. I also love and miss you, Mo. (Cohabitation... I could write a cheer about that. Rhymes with you-know-what.)