Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Reformation Day!



Here I am giving our man Luther some love at the Reformation Museum in Wittenberg, the place where it all started. I am a little disturbed to discover that among my hundreds of pictures from the 2005 Reformation Study Tour I have no pictures of the church door where Luther posted his 95 Theses. Travesty!
There's your Christian History nerd moment of Zen. If I were going to a Halloween party, or spending the day with fellow church nerds, I would dress up as Katharina von Bora. As it is, I'm wearing my railroad engineer overalls (probably the best $5 I've ever spent at a thrift store) and taking B in her adorable little lion costume to N's school, where he will be dressed as an astronaut for the class parade.

1 comment:

Virgie said...

At our Halloween get together last night, two of our guests told us about a couple they knew who dressed up, one of them as the doors and the other as the scroll with the 95 theses. Katharina Von Bora sounds like more fun, though.