Saturday, September 09, 2006

A Fantastic Week in Juneau

I just returned to Princeton yesterday (after 14 hours of travel) from Juneau, where I got to spend a wonderful and wet week with three of my favoritie people. I got to catch up on my hugs, mountains, hiking, ear wax candling, laughing, eating, biking, burping, marine life viewing, eagle sighting, dead fish smelling, getting rained on, and simply being with precious friends. It was great, and the perfect way to spend the week before school stuff gets going (new students arrive Wednesday, and classes start the following Wednesday).
On Sunday afternoon it was surprisingly sunny, so we went for a hike/walk.














Here's my view from right behind Anna's house.













We did ear wax candles. They melt the wax and suck it out of your ear. Gross, but cool.












I went for a hike while everyone was at work. I got lost, wandered along the road for a few miles, found a van of the tour company Dave works for (Dave wasn't in it), and was given a ride back to Anna by the driver's wife.









Claire and I went on the bicycle tour that Dave leads. So here we are extremely wet in front of a glacier (but you can't really see the glacier in the picture).










Anna and I went for a walk with her mom and friend. There is a bald eagle right behind us here.










Initial response to Jersey upon my return: it's flat and ugly, or at least Newark is. Princeton does have it's nice, although flat, spots so I should go enjoy them this afternoon.

In other news, my field ed at Princeton UMC starts tomorrow, and Meagan (you know, from Whitworth) gets here Monday.

4 comments:

Jenevieve said...

You look happy and smily in all the pictures. Yay!

That pic of Claire and Dave is... touching. :)

Matt said...

I feel really nature deprived here. Turns out I don't like living in the city as much as I thought I would, I guess.

Jacob S. Heiss said...

Now that is the way to spend a break from Princeton!

My flight back is on the 16th; when do you want to connect to carry out the small group stuff we discussed before?

Anonymous said...

Hey Miranda,

already gone to Scotland :) I am working on the church secretary's computer, so I must be brief...I will have broadband in my apartment next week. Feel free to send me e-mails, comments, and I will respond when I can. Cheers!#


Josh