Saturday, December 17, 2005

Hello Colorado (and the rest of the Mid-West)

Does anyone think it's wierd that the Mid-West is called the Mid-West? To me it's East. Colorado and Kansas and Nebraska and around there should be the Mid-West. I've learned that just as I don't know my East Coast geography at all (pretty sad, since I live here now), Easterners don't know the West. How could they not? It's so easy. Our states aren't shaped all freaky like the ones out here. But that's beside the point.
In about an hour I will embark on my cross-country train trek to Colorado. People keep saying it'll be beautiful, and while I'm sure that's true, for how many hours can relatively flat land and fields be entertaining? I have heard more train riding horror stories in the last few weeks than I care to remember. As soon as someone hears I'm taking the train they tell me their horrible story about the creepy people or the delays or the food. I'm hoping that if anything happens it will at least make a good story later. Dave says I should sit in the dining car and have interesting conversations with random people. We'll see how that goes. I'll do my best to have adventures worthy of a post, and maybe even some pictures.

2 comments:

Mariquita said...

Yay for trains! And Yay for Miranda! I can't remember any awkward train experiences, but I was in Europe. Could be worse - could be a bus. I'm looking forward to stories...

Mariquita said...

sheesh, M! Where ARE you?